- ► 2015 (162)
- ► 2014 (238)
- ► 2013 (313)
- ► 2012 (252)
- ► 2011 (578)
- Free $25 Amazon Gift Card from It'sThoughtful.com!...
- Tasty Tuesday- The Cravory Custom Mix In Cookies!
- Brilliant Lenses Review and Giveaway
- Miche Big Bag and Interchangeable Shells Review an...
- Skillet Bacon Jam Review and Giveaway
- Cleavitz Review and $95 Giveaway!
- Jumbies Review and Giveaway
- Cyclona Designs Review and Giveaway
- Zuvo Filtration System Review and Giveaway!
- Pure Spa Squared Review and Giveaway
- Socks 4 Life Review and Giveaway
- Less Than 3 Chrissy Review and Cupcake Bracelet Gi...
- Momma Told Me Update and Winter Wonderland Winners...
- Glass Dharma- Gorgeously Green Glass Review and Gi...
- Myachi Review and Giveaway
- Love This Stuff by Elisha Copeland Amigurumi Revie...
- Fozzils Discovery Pack Review and 3 Winner Giveawa...
- Tasty Tuesday- Gourmet Orchards Review and $25 Giv...
- Tasty Tuesday- Duncan Hines Decadent Mixes Apple C...
- Hairfree Hygienic and Versatile Ceramic Venting Br...
- Naumes Fruit Gifts Review and Giveaway
- My Belle Boutique Handstamped Jewelry Review and G...
- Chunky Bling Build Your Own Watch Giveaway!
- Eden Home- Oganic Products- Bamboo Cutting Board G...
- Now a GIVEAWAY Baby Bond Nursing Wear- Covers Mom,...
- TruKid All Natural Review and Giveaway
- Sanük Sandals/Shoes Review and Giveaway
- Tasty Tuesday- Duncan Hines Decadent Mixes and Gla...
- Sarah Munro Designs Giveaway!
- BFF Bottle Cap Co Piggy Bank Review and Giveaway!
- #74 All For Jasmine
- #73 Lipo In A Box
- #68 Fantasy Jewelry Box
- #72 King Arthur Flour
- #71 Warmly Yours
- #70 Warm Buddy
- #69 Cake Pan Lady
- #67 Just GANO
- #66 Torgtuga Rum Cakes
- #65 ManGroomer BackShaver 2
- #64 Elizabeth Grant
- Winter Wonderland EARLY BIRD giveaway Soft Lips, S...
- Winter Wonderland EARLY BIRD giveaway LIVE NOW!
- #63 Kids Travel Happy
- #62 Willow Creek Jewelry Studio
- #61 Bake Me A Wish!
- #60 Emmie's Designs
- #59 Party Lite
- #58 Paperspring
- #57 Girlz Lyfe
- #56 TerraCycle
- #55 Bored Inc.
- #54 ManGroomer Private Body Shaver- 2
- Winter Wonderland EARLY BIRD giveaway LIVE NOW!
- #50 The Ruby Rabbit
- #51 Yantra Yoga Mat
- #47 Slanket
- #53 Animal Tales
- #52 D-n-D Ranch Aromas
- #49 Snapware
- #48 Sasa Originals
- #46 Brat Baby
- #45 Mayfair Lane
- #44 PJ Greetings
- #43 ManGroomer Nose And Ear Trimmer 2
- Winter wonderland- EARLY BIRD ManGroomer Giveaway!...
- #42 Penelope's Porch
- #41 WildCreations.com
- #40 Banana Bear Boutique
- #39 Bumbo Baby Seat
- #38 Scandle Shimmering Lotion Candle
- #37 Paper Demon Jewelry
- #36 Smiley Cookie
- #35 Random Line- Squiggle Drawing Pad
- #33 Robin Joys Nest
- #32 Glee Gum's Make Your Own Chocolate Kit
- Winter Wonderland- EARLY BIRD Giveaway! Live now!
- #31 Lunarra Star Jewellery
- #30 Spoonfudge
- #29 Cards By Lela
- #28 Whimsy Worldwide
- #27 ManGroomer Electric DIY Back Shaver
- #26 DIY Fluffies
- #25 Wild Hibiscus
- #24 Pima's Beads
- #23 FriendGiftr
- #22 Enstrom's Almond Toffee
- #21 Buddha Board
- #20 Coobie- The Bra Every Woman Needs
- #19 Just-Iced- The Art of Cookies
- #18 Isabella's Art
- #17 Domaine Factory Outlet
- #16 3DT Designs
- #14 The Sock Monkey Lady
- #15 ManGroomer Essential Private Body Shaver
- #13 iStyle Originals
- #12 Diva Dawg Clothing Co
- #11 Circle E Candles
- ▼ November (98)
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
#38 Scandle Shimmering Lotion Candle
Momma Told Me: Don't play with candles!
I love candles, and burn them continuously during the Winter months. But long before I had my own home to light my own candles, I played with my mother's hand carved and lantern candles. I can recall around 7 my mother had a clay bust made of my palms for a Father's Day gift. This entailed dipping my hands into a pool of liquid parfen wax for a brief period of time, then pouring the clay compound into the crevice where my hands had been. I was instantly in love with the way the soft, warm, wax felt upon my palms, and played captivated until every last flake had been shed. This sparked a phase in which I secretly poured warm wax from my mother's candles, after blowing them out. I'd dip my fingers in the pool of liquid, scented, wax, and smile as the shimmering surface cooled along my skin.
The new Scandle Shimmering Lotion Candle was only recently introduced, just in time for the holidays! The shimmering and fragrant lotion candle is available in 2 convenient sizes, a refillable ceramic canister and travel tin. There are currently 18 calming fragrances, including 4 seasonal varieties; White Christmas, Holiday Spirit, Autumn Harvest, and Pumpkin Pie Spice! The Shimmering Scandle in Ceramic canister can be refilled with other massage candles and features an easy pour spout. The smaller, more portable, Travel Scandle comes in a lightweight square tin with a 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle' eco-wristband.
I had the exciting chance to test out a new Shimmering Scandle Travel Tin in Warm Vanilla Sugar. My initial reaction was good as I unwrapped the eco-friendly and very modest candle tin. The rubber band hugging the outside was thick and stylish, great for gripping during use, and a bonus bracelet when done. As a consumer, I appreciated the stylish, yet demure appearance of this scandalous product. Massage is a wonderful relaxation and healing tool, it's great to see the company takes a high road in presenting itself. I read the simple instructions, and was a little bummed to see I would be waiting upwards of 30 minutes before use. The sweet and fragrant vanilla essence wafted up towards me immediately upon opening, and I was ready to dive in!
As the instructions explained, the Scandle should burn evenly to make future use as economical and simple as possible, so I waited patiently for the wax to heat towards the outer edge. The tin itself was surprisingly easy to handle, not hot to the touch at all. I could already see the wax glimmering in it's liquefied state and took no caution pouring a generous helping onto the back of my hand. It was warm, but not painful. Excited, I began to work the small pool of lotion into my skin, surprised as to how rich it truly was; almost like liquid silk. This is a case of 'a little goes a long way,' and my entire arm was soon shimmering in the afternoon sunlight.
After my initial pour I ran out to the front porch, where I plopped excitedly down on our steps and poured another few drops onto my legs. I delighted in the warm sensation, and adored how the shimmering lotion made my legs look and feel. My skin was immediately quenched and I felt like a Grecian goddess, wishing my husband was home so I could show off my sexy stems. In all honesty, it was quite the moral booster! I found the best way to clean my hands after application was simple- more massaging. Transferring the lotion residue to a non-moisturized surface was much simpler than trying to add soap and water to the shimmering compound. Additionally, I found myself wishing the travel tin included even the slightest of lip for pouring. I appreciate the economical value of the travel Scandle, but when dealing with massage candles, it's a must!
The new Scandle Shimmering Lotion Candle is an affordable and unique gift for any woman. You don't have to be in an 'adult situation' to enjoy it, and you certainly don't have to be a professional masseuse!
What Daughter Says: The Scandle Shimmering Lotion Candle is definitely one candle you won't be able to stop playing with!
One lucky Momma Told Me follower will win their own Scandle Lotion Candle!
Mandatory Entry: You must be a Momma Told Me follower, then visit Scandle and tell me what fragrance you'd like best!
*'Like' Scandle on Facebook +1
*Follow Scandle on Twitter +1
*Join the Scandle Newsletter +2
*Make a Scandle purchase +1 per dollar spent
*Blog about this giveaway +4
*Grab our Winter Wonderland button and link it here: http://bit.ly/aZ2rDw +4
*Follow Confessions of An Overworked Mom +2
*Vote for Momma Told Me on Top Mommy Blogs +2 (can be daily)
*Subscribe to Momma Told Me via email +2
*'Like' Momma Told Me on Facebook AND share this giveaway +2
*Follow Momma Told Me on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway +2
*Enter another Momma Told Me giveaway +1 each
Giveaway begins November 4, 2010 and ends 12:01 AM PST on November 15, 2010. Winner will be notified via email, and posted here. Entries valid within the US. Winner has 48 hours to claim their prize or another winner will be drawn. Prize will be transferred via sponsor.
As required by the FTC: I received no monetary compensation for this review. I received a product sample for the purpose of my review. All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.