- ► 2015 (87)
- ► 2014 (238)
- ► 2013 (313)
- ► 2012 (252)
- ► 2011 (578)
- Free $25 Amazon Gift Card from It'sThoughtful.com!...
- Tasty Tuesday- The Cravory Custom Mix In Cookies!
- Brilliant Lenses Review and Giveaway
- Miche Big Bag and Interchangeable Shells Review an...
- Skillet Bacon Jam Review and Giveaway
- Cleavitz Review and $95 Giveaway!
- Jumbies Review and Giveaway
- Cyclona Designs Review and Giveaway
- Zuvo Filtration System Review and Giveaway!
- Pure Spa Squared Review and Giveaway
- Socks 4 Life Review and Giveaway
- Less Than 3 Chrissy Review and Cupcake Bracelet Gi...
- Momma Told Me Update and Winter Wonderland Winners...
- Glass Dharma- Gorgeously Green Glass Review and Gi...
- Myachi Review and Giveaway
- Love This Stuff by Elisha Copeland Amigurumi Revie...
- Fozzils Discovery Pack Review and 3 Winner Giveawa...
- Tasty Tuesday- Gourmet Orchards Review and $25 Giv...
- Tasty Tuesday- Duncan Hines Decadent Mixes Apple C...
- Hairfree Hygienic and Versatile Ceramic Venting Br...
- Naumes Fruit Gifts Review and Giveaway
- My Belle Boutique Handstamped Jewelry Review and G...
- Chunky Bling Build Your Own Watch Giveaway!
- Eden Home- Oganic Products- Bamboo Cutting Board G...
- Now a GIVEAWAY Baby Bond Nursing Wear- Covers Mom,...
- TruKid All Natural Review and Giveaway
- Sanük Sandals/Shoes Review and Giveaway
- Tasty Tuesday- Duncan Hines Decadent Mixes and Gla...
- Sarah Munro Designs Giveaway!
- BFF Bottle Cap Co Piggy Bank Review and Giveaway!
- #74 All For Jasmine
- #73 Lipo In A Box
- #68 Fantasy Jewelry Box
- #72 King Arthur Flour
- #71 Warmly Yours
- #70 Warm Buddy
- #69 Cake Pan Lady
- #67 Just GANO
- #66 Torgtuga Rum Cakes
- #65 ManGroomer BackShaver 2
- #64 Elizabeth Grant
- Winter Wonderland EARLY BIRD giveaway Soft Lips, S...
- Winter Wonderland EARLY BIRD giveaway LIVE NOW!
- #63 Kids Travel Happy
- #62 Willow Creek Jewelry Studio
- #61 Bake Me A Wish!
- #60 Emmie's Designs
- #59 Party Lite
- #58 Paperspring
- #57 Girlz Lyfe
- #56 TerraCycle
- #55 Bored Inc.
- #54 ManGroomer Private Body Shaver- 2
- Winter Wonderland EARLY BIRD giveaway LIVE NOW!
- #50 The Ruby Rabbit
- #51 Yantra Yoga Mat
- #47 Slanket
- #53 Animal Tales
- #52 D-n-D Ranch Aromas
- #49 Snapware
- #48 Sasa Originals
- #46 Brat Baby
- #45 Mayfair Lane
- #44 PJ Greetings
- #43 ManGroomer Nose And Ear Trimmer 2
- Winter wonderland- EARLY BIRD ManGroomer Giveaway!...
- #42 Penelope's Porch
- #41 WildCreations.com
- #40 Banana Bear Boutique
- #39 Bumbo Baby Seat
- #38 Scandle Shimmering Lotion Candle
- #37 Paper Demon Jewelry
- #36 Smiley Cookie
- #35 Random Line- Squiggle Drawing Pad
- #33 Robin Joys Nest
- #32 Glee Gum's Make Your Own Chocolate Kit
- Winter Wonderland- EARLY BIRD Giveaway! Live now!
- #31 Lunarra Star Jewellery
- #30 Spoonfudge
- #29 Cards By Lela
- #28 Whimsy Worldwide
- #27 ManGroomer Electric DIY Back Shaver
- #26 DIY Fluffies
- #25 Wild Hibiscus
- #24 Pima's Beads
- #23 FriendGiftr
- #22 Enstrom's Almond Toffee
- #21 Buddha Board
- #20 Coobie- The Bra Every Woman Needs
- #19 Just-Iced- The Art of Cookies
- #18 Isabella's Art
- #17 Domaine Factory Outlet
- #16 3DT Designs
- #14 The Sock Monkey Lady
- #15 ManGroomer Essential Private Body Shaver
- #13 iStyle Originals
- #12 Diva Dawg Clothing Co
- #11 Circle E Candles
- ▼ November (98)
Saturday, November 6, 2010
#72 King Arthur Flour
Momma Told Me: The secret's in the ingredients.
Have you ever craved something your grandmother used to make and, on a whim, head to your local grocer to pick up a similar boxed mix? Perhaps it's fudgey brownies, or fresh pumpkin pie. When that tempting treat pops out of the oven and that first bite is taken, it somehow lacks to live up to the splendor of something home made. Grandma always had her secret, whether it's an elusive spice, or gourmet flour, the secret's in the ingredients.
King Arthur Flour knows all about tradition and quality, as America's leading flour company. Founded in 1790, this diverse company is now 100% employee owned since 1996. With a basis on fine flour, their quality product is sold to bakeries, supermarkets, and consumers nationwide. But the King Arthur Brand doesn't stop there, the company manufacturers a wide array of tools and mixes for any home or professional kitchen. You'll find gingerbread kits, cake molds, bread and wheat flours, cutters, and gift bundles, all available with a click of your mouse.
For the upcoming holiday season, King Arthur has introduced a Gingerbread House Cake Pan and Candy Kit, as well as new festive cookie cutters. Their line of classic cooking books are exclusive to the online store and sure to start numerous holiday traditions.
I was sent the King Arthuer Flour Cookie Companion Cookbook for review and was quite impressed. This hardcover, 500 page, book is substantial in size and features a colorful and protective sleeve, with full color recipe inserts. There's hundreds of variations for 9 classic cookies and a treasure trove of new favorites. Everything's covered from techniques to decorating tips. I love the detailed illustrations and step by step instructions even the least accomplished baker can master. Retailing for $29.99, this book is great as a gift, or perfect for handing down through any family.
I was also sent one box of King Arthur Pumpkin Cheesecake Bar Mix, $7.95, just in time for the Fall season. Making this 2 bag recipe was as simple as adding butter to the crust, and baking until golden brown. Next, I added eggs and cream cheese to the filling mix, then baked for an additional 30 minutes. Once the pan had cooled my pumpkin bars were ready for enjoyment! I was impressed with how delicate a balance the pumpkin had in contrast with the classic cheesecake taste. The bars were smoothe and paired well with the pleasing crunch of crust. If you're looking to escape the classic pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving King Arthur's Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are a simple solution everyone's sure to enjoy.
Whether you're looking to start a new tradition, or spice up an old one, King Arthur Flour has everything you need to decorate your table or fill your home with Holiday Cheer!
What Daughter Says: Trust your holidays with America's Oldest Flour Company, King Arthur.
One Momma Told Me follower will win the same King Arthur Flour Cookie Cookbook and Pumpkin Cheesecake Bar Mix reviewed here.
Mandatory Entry: You must be a Momma Told Me follower, then visit King Arthur Flour and tell me what you like best!
*'Like' King Arthur Flour on Facebook +1
*Follow King Arthur Flour on Twitter +1
*Join the King Arthur Flour enewsletter +2
*Make a King Arthur Flour purchase +8
*Blog about this giveaway +4
*Follow Confessions of An Overworked Mom +2
*Vote for Momma Told Me on Top Mommy Blogs +2 (can be daily)
*Subscribe to Momma Told Me via email +2
*'Like' Momma Told Me on Facebook AND leave a comment on our wall telling me your favorite holiday tradition +2
*Follow Momma Told Me on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway +2
*Enter another Momma Told Me giveaway +1 each
Giveaway begins November 6, 2010 and ends 12:01 AM PST on November 17, 2010. Winner will be notified via email, and posted here. Entries valid within the US. Winner has 48 hours to claim their prize or another winner will be drawn. Prize will be transferred via blog owner.
As required by the FTC: I received no monetary compensation for this review. I received a product sample for the purpose of my review. All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.