Up until I was 19 I'd always dreamed of tossing a pie in someone's face. It was a simple dream that really was born more from excessive cartoons as a child; and I'd envision a fluffy, soft, whipped cream pie lazily coasting through the air onto a friend or a loved one. I'd pause a moment to see if they'd be angry, and in the pause they'd wipe the sweet froth from their face, licking with a grin- and we'd all have a good laugh. Yes, it was a simple dream, until I had my own pie encounter of another kind.
Eco-Foil, by Handi-Foil's, range of low waste bake-ware.
What Daughter Says: Keep your pie out of your face, and your face (and other things) out of your pie with convenient bake and transport-ware from Eco-Foil.
Key Lime Pie
*** Click here for printable Key Lime Pie recipe.
1C Heavy Whipping Cream
12oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
2C Half And Half
1/2C Key Lime Juice
1/2C Granulated Sugar
1TBS Key Lime Zest
Fresh Lime Slices, For Garnish
2C Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/2C Butter, Melted
1/4C Packed Brown Sugar
Preheat Oven to 350F
1. In a medium bowl, combine graham crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of prepared 10" pie tin. Bake for 8 MINS, and let cool completely before adding pie filling.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until it begins to thicken. Gradually add sugar and condensed milk and mix until combined.
3. Beat in lime juice, zest, and half and half until mixture has reached desired consistency and flavor.
4. Gently spread pie filling over crust. Cover and freeze 4-6 hours, or until firm. Garnish just prior to serving.
Strawberry Cream Pie
***Click here for printable Strawberry Cream Pie recipe.
1 10" Graham Cracker Crust (Or see crust recipe above)
2 C Fresh Strawberries, Sliced Thin
1 (8oz) Carton Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
1 C Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Divided
1 (8oz) Package Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 C Sour Cream
1/2 C Seedless Strawberry Jam
1/2 C Granulated Sugar
3 TSP Shortening, Divided
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
1. In a microwave, melt 3/4 C chocolate chips and 2 TSP shortening; stir until smooth. Brush over crust. Refrigerate until firm.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Add food coloring if desired. Spoon into crust, refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Arrange strawberries over pie. In a microwave, heat jam until melted; brush over the top of pie.
4. Melt remaining shortening and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over pie. Refrigerate until chilled.