As you know Summer is here, though many of my friends in the Eastern states might beg to disagree, and it is time to plan cookouts, family reunions, and lazy afternoons seeking shade from the sun. In SoCal, it is pretty much Summer all year round. It's a rough life, I know. Sarcasm aside, I always envied my cousins living back East. Their homes had fire pits and their family vacations consisted of campaign, glow fly catching, and all the delicious grilled food one could eat. Sure, they might have to put up with a few "inches" of snow, but that's a small price for the excuse to enjoy a freshly toasted marshmallow wedged between Hershey's chocolate and graham crackers. I can almost smell the S'mores now!
What Daughter Says: Make any day a S'more day with simple indoor recipes with big fun and flavor!
S'mores Crispie Pinwheels
***Click here for printable S'mores Crispie Pinwheels recipe.
12oz Jet-Puffed Marshmallows (miniatures will melt best)
3 TBS Butter/Margarine substitute
6 Cups Puffed Rice Cereal
3 Sleeves Honey Maid Graham Squares
2 Jars Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
6 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
Preheat Oven to 200F
1. Prepare a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Pulse Honey Maid Graham Squares in a food processor until a fine crumb consistency. Set aside.
2. Combine butter/margarine substitute and Jet-Puffed Marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl, on high, for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir swiftly until all small chunks have dissolved into mixture. Microwave for additional 15 second bursts, if needed.
3. Stir puffed rice cereal and Honey Maid Square crumbs into marshmallow mixture. Press prepares graham crispie mixture into prepared cookie sheet. *You may spray your hands with cooking spray to prevent sticking, while flattening the mixture.
4. Spread Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme evenly on top of graham crispie layer. Break Hershey's Milk Chocolate into individual Pips and spread evenly across marshmallow creme layer. Place cookie sheet in preheated oven for 2 minutes. Do not over heat or you will have to wait for the sheet to cool before rolling!
5. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and spread the melted Hershey's Milk Chocolate with a spatula.
6. Carefully roll the sheet in, and onto itself, from the narrowest end, as to create a log. Wrap the log in the parchment paper from the cookie sheet and place it directly into a freezer for 5-10 minutes. The amount of chill time will depend on your oven's heating and how cool the layers were prior to rolling.
7. Remove from the freezer and cut the S'mores Crispie log into 1" sections. Store in the fridge up to 1 week, or in an air-tight container, frozen for up to 3 months. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Down time for the Summer weekend? #LetsMakeSmores ! Try this 10 minute recipe for a new take on a family classic, no campfire required! These S'mores Crispies pinwheels are the perfect fix for any S'mores kind of day! Grab all of your ingredients at @Walmart and keep an eye #OnTheBlog for the post! #Summertime #smores #dessert #foodie #foodblogger #patriotic #redwhiteandblue #chocolate #marshmallows #CollectiveBias #ad #flipagram Made with @flipagram See full video at flipagram.com/askandilltell86