Growing up I was always looking for shortcuts. Many of you know the tale of how my bum-length locks of golden brown were chopped into a less than flattering bowl cut because of my defiance to wash my hair properly as a child. For 10 years I attempted to circumvent toothbrush timers, shoved forgotten toys under my bed (out of sight out of mind, right?) fed the cat with my leftover vegetables and sincerely believed if something simply 'looked' clean it was clean. After one particularly dismal dentist's appointment Momma, surely at her wit's end sat me down with an exasperated look.
1. Homemade Travel Hand Cleanser- You can make your own hand sanitizer/cleanser with a few natural ingredients you likely have on hand already. Combine 2 TBS Aloe Vera Gel, 1 1/2 TBS Filtered Water, 5 Drops of Tea Tree Oil, and 1/4 TSP Almond Oil (or Vitamin E Oil) in a small bowl. Add water to mixture to thin as desired and pour into a 2oz squeeze bottle for use on-the-go. This recipe makes for a great gift for school sports teams (gym bags) and play groups- just dress up the bottles with some themed ribbon for an instant, and thoughtful gift!
Green Tea Rice printable recipe here, then continue reading to see what I paired it with for the ultimate immune support combination.
I've shared some of my favorite tips to keep up with a busy lifestyle, how do you support immune health?
What Daughter Says: Support health daily to maintain a busy lifestyle.
Oven Roasted Orange Chicken And Fennel
***Click here for printable Orange Chicken and Fennel recipe.
4 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Diced Cloves Honey Garlic
4 TBS Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
3 Oranges, Sliced Horizontally (1/4" Slices)
3 TBS Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Grain Mustard (Such as German or Stone Ground)
3 TBS Brown Sugar
1 TSP Salt
1 1/2 TSP Freshly Ground Black Pepper
3lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Cut to 1/2lb Sections)
2 Medium Fennel Bulbs, Rinsed And Cut Into 6ths
1 TBS Fresh Chopped Thyme Leaves
1. Combine Olive Oil, Orange Juice, Lemon Juice, Mustard, Brown Sugar, Salt and Pepper in a medium bowl.
2. Rinse and pat dry chicken and place in a large gallon sized bag. Add fennel wedges, orange slices, thyme, and fennel. Pour marinade over and seal bag tightly, gently massaging to combine and coat all ingredients. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 475F.
4. Place the chicken in the center of a 9 x 13" casserole dish. Distribute fennel wedges and orange slices evenly around chicken. You may add some halved baby red potatoes for bulk- but I prefer to serve this with my Green Tea Rice. Pour the marinade juices over the chicken and fennel/slices.
5. Place in the oven, uncovered and roast 40-45 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and transfer chicken, fennel, and orange slices to a serving dish. Cover with foil to keep warm.
7. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup. Pour over the chicken and serve over a bed of potatoes or green tea rice.